Duquesne University Writing Center
News and Updates:
Summer 2021 appointments are all online via Zoom. Face-to-face sessions will resume in Fall 2021. Be sure to visit our COVID-19 FAQ page before scheduling and visiting!
Important information for you
- All those affiliated with Duquesne have a free Zoom account. More information about Zoom is available from Educational Technology.
- Instructions for using Zoom for consulting sessions at the Writing Center are available.
- Explanation of Online Writing Center services is available on the Online Writing Center page.
Thank you for your patience as we adjust to the changes required by COVID. We look forward to working with you.
Who We Are:
Learn to be a better writer. Learn to be a better teacher of writing.
At the Writing Center we can…
- Answer questions about your writing.
- Give you feedback on a writing project.
- Help you learn to be a better writer.
- Help you improve how you teach writing.
- One-on-one assistance for academic papers, professional applications, résumés, Web sites, presentations, and other projects.
- Help with writing from all disciplines and all stages of the writing process.
- Workshops, class visits, writing resources, and support for instructors wanting to incorporate effective writing pedagogy into their classes.
Our mission is to serve as a space for dialogue about writing and to help make not only better writing projects, but also better writers. Watch the video below to learn more about the Center's services and mission.
You may also be interested in visiting: