Known for our commitment to providing an education that emphasizes not just intellectual growth, but also ethical development, a degree from Duquesne prepares you to make solid contributions in your field and in your community. A Duquesne education helps you to develop job skills, learn to think critically and come to better understand yourself and the world around you.
Build a Solid Foundation
Every undergraduate student in every school of study here at Duquesne takes a series of courses that emphasize intellectual and moral development through the study of the liberal arts. In addition to building skills for later success, this core curriculum allows you to study a wide variety of subjects and graduate with the richest possible academic experience.
Learn From the Best
While studying at Duquesne, you’ll enjoy a low (14:1) student-to-faculty ratio, and in small classes, you get the personal attention needed to achieve your best. Most importantly, our faculty exemplify the ideal of the teacher-scholar. This means your professors are committed to providing an exceptional learning experience. They are top-notch teachers, but they also value and participate in scholarship and research, making important contributions to their fields.
In fact, many students—both graduate and undergraduate—have the chance to assist their professors with research projects that are changing the world around us. The Carnegie Foundation even classified Duquesne as one of only seven Catholic universities in the nation with a “research university with high research activity” distinction.
Ranked Among the Best
Our academics have earned highly regarded accolades, including:
U.S. News & World Report
- Duquesne is consistently ranked in the top tier of Best Colleges rankings.
- Duquesne ranked No. 51 in the nation in Best Value Schools category.
- Duquesne ranked No. 93 in Best Colleges for Veterans category.
- Duquesne ranked No. 16 among national Catholic institutions.
The Princeton Review
- Duquesne named among Best 385 Colleges in the nation.
- Duquesne recognized as Green College and on Best Colleges: Region by Region list for Northeast.
- Duquesne again ranked as an outstanding value on the Best Bang for the Buck - Northeast list in 2017.
- On National Universities list, Duquesne ranked No. 134.
- Duquesne again named to Best Colleges for Your Money list, which highlights schools that successfully combine quality and affordability.